Monday, April 21, 2014

Project Completion

Well here we are, nearing the end of the semester. I am proud to say, that I have accomplished all of my goals! My forensic analysis of Ubuntu One is complete! In my findings I was able to find user credentials, file names, urls, and a bunch more information regarding my test Ubuntu One account. This information could prove to be very useful in a forensic investigation that involves Ubuntu One.

Here is a poster that I created with an overview of how the project went!


This was a very exciting project, and the results are even more exciting!



 The above screenshot, from EnCase, shows the password of the user account that logged in on Google chrome. This was found in the memory.





This screenshot shows that the file names of downloaded files are logged on the system.

There are many logs kept by the popular browsers, and the client itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment